08 February 2010

One more reason to know what you eat...

We have been eating these Simply Fruit "roll-ups". The other day, I purchased some Fruit by the Foot b/c in purchasing it, I actually got my Fiber One bars cheaper (buy 3 get $3 off).

Anywho...I was grazing the other night, so I thought I'd try one. I remember loving them on the rare occasion that my mom bought them.

OMG..blech! They were the most bland "snack" I've had in a long time despite being so colorful. I would have thought that with all the extra (un-pronounceable) ingredients that the flavor would have been enhanced (?). We will definitely be eating the Simply Fruit ones from now on. The FbtF have already been given away.

Simply Fruit:
Apple Juice Concentrate, Dried Apples, Strawberry Puree, Canola Oil, Fruit Pectin, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Blueberry Juice Concentrate, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Natural Flavor, Sodium Sulfite Citric Acid

FbtF:
Grapes from Concentrate, Sugar (at least not HFCS), Maltodextrin, Corn Syrup (oh...wait...), Pears from Concentrate, Carrageenan (?..oh seaweed...natural), Citric Acid, Acetylated Mono and Diglycerides (?), Sodium Citrate, Malic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Locust Bean Gum (yummy!!), Natural Flavor (shouldn't this be in ""?), Potassium Citrate, Color (Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1) (yummy)

darn you formatting...i had this in nice columns to compare, but the formatting got all wacky....

No comments:

Post a Comment